Sedation Dentistry offers an excellent way for anyone to receive the dental care they need and deserve, but how can you know you are going to an actual sedation dentist? And how can you decide which type of sedation dentistry in Allen is right for you?
Whether you have chosen Allen Dental Studio as your smile home or are still looking for the right fit, here’s what to look for when researching sedation dentists:
- Certifications – Dentists must be certified in each type of sedation they offer their patients.
- Accreditations – Advanced education and accreditations indicate a dedication to more than getting certified. It shows a dedication to excellence and a passion for learning. Learn more about Dr. Michael Tiplea
- Range of options – No single sedation option is right for everyone and every circumstance. Dr. Tiplea is certified to administer a wide choice of relaxation and pain relief, including Nitrous Oxide, oral sedation, and IV sedation administered by a 3rd party.
Why Would I Need Sedation Dentistry?
- Do you ever find yourself putting off scheduling a dental appointment – even one you absolutely know you need – because dentistry makes you nervous?
- Did you have an unpleasant dental experience as a child, and now you have severe dental phobias?
- Do you cringe just at the idea of a shot?
- Are your teeth so sensitive you can hardly stand to brush them yourself?
- Do you have trouble getting numb?
- Is your gag reflex so strong it makes allowing dental tools to do their work extremely difficult?
- Do you have physical limitations that make sitting in a dental chair uncomfortable?
- Are you short on time and want to get a lot of dental work done in one appointment?
Then sedation dentistry in Allen is for you!
Don’t let fear, anxiety, or discomfort keep you from getting the dental care you need. Safe, effective sedation dentistry will help you completely relax through any procedure from cleanings to dental implants and root canals!
Sedation Options from Allen Dental Studio
From minimal to moderately-deep sedation, we have the options you need.
- Nitrous Oxide – More commonly known as laughing gas, Nitrous Oxide delivers a feeling of mild euphoria. It is easily reversible with the administration of pure oxygen so you can drive or return to work after your procedure.
- Oral Sedation – A terrific resource for those who suffer from dental anxiety. We simply prescribe a dose or two of a sedation-level anti-anxiety medication before your appointment. Because it is most effective if you take it before you arrive, you will need someone to drive you to and from your appointment.
IV Sedation –Administered intravenously, IV sedation is our most effective way to help you fully relax and nap through any procedure, even dental surgery. Dr. Tiplea is accredited to work with a third-party anesthesiologist who comes to our office as needed. Since it is continuously administered, we can adjust your level of sedation throughout the appointment to make sure you are floating on a cloud instead of in a dental chair.
Many of our customers begin with some sort of sedation help when they first come to us. But as they experience our gentle and pampering approach, they find that, eventually, they no longer need sedation to feel safe and at ease.